Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cycling: Hobby Revisited

After a gap of 15 years, googling to find some cyclists, I came across this wonderful website, which left me overwhelmed. It was a networking site exclusively meant for cyclists in India. I was overjoyed to find loads of people like me who were interested in cycling and searching for information.

In the foray, I met some cyclists who proved highly helpful to provide me all the information alongwith the contact numbers of the cyclists in my vicinity. Losing no time, I contacted them and sensing willingness of beginners like me, Vikram and Sunny organised a cycling event on Saturday from Borivali to Aksa beach.

Being new and with no bicycle, I went to a nearby cycle shop. To my dismay, the shop didn't had cycle fit for me, but the guy was tizzy enough to help and arrange a cycle for a day.

I had my bicycle and thereafter there was no looking back. Up in the morning at 6 am we met at Don Bosco school and my passion for cylcing kept me going. On the way I had opportunity to ride various other bikes like, Raleigh elevation MTB 2.0, Hero Nuage, L.A. MTB with disc brakes and all alloy Hero Thunder racer. While returning we had a quick breakfast from the local cycle sold idliwala.

On the way back I could feel the pain in my legs. Sun and pollution multipled the hardship to reach home. Nevertheless, satisfied and having revisited my old pastime made me forgo the pain. However, I had to relax for rest of the weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Invesp is launching its second annual list of the Top 100 Most Influential Internet Marketers.

Vote for Jordan Kasteler.

Jordan Kasteler is a seasoned professional and an SEO consultant specializing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, and all aspects of Internet Marketing. He is currently available for SEO consulting and full-service Internet marketing through my Utah SEO Firm Search & Social.

To vote, follow thislink: http://www.invesp.com/2009/top-100-marketers-of-2009.html

Please vote for him daily. Voting ends midnight of 12/13/09

Sanish Mathews said...

Good effort.i too am plannning to buy a bycycle for the sake of my health.

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Ania said...

That is great post

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is share-how-why.blogspot.com)